Monday, January 18, 2010

Seminar Reflection

During the seminar I was able to grasp important ideas about food that I've never really thought about. Ideas such as if schools planted gardens, it would be a better way to save money as well as a healthier lifestyle for kids. It was also brought to my attention how junk food is cheap and easier to get a hold of than healthy foods are-which tend to be overpriced. Lastly, I thought it was very interesting how little a farmer gets paid. I think it's unfair. If I had a chance to speak to the government about a farmer's check, I would tell them that a farmer deserves more than any other worker out there because they are growing food to help us function as human beings, they have to work with the weather, and it's not just an 8-hour job it's a lifetime really.

No comments:

Post a Comment